Monday, October 31, 2011

I Fished For My Dinner, and Caught a Cold

Leftovers from last night make an excellent lunch today:  Pan-fried halibut and lemon rice.  I know rice isn't really Paleo, it's one of the exceptions that I make... halibut is totally Paleo though, especially since I hauled it up myself from the bottom of the ocean a few miles from Homer AK.

It's always an adventure, which is a good thing because if I was just doing it for the fish by the time I got through paying for the air-fare, RV rental, gas, charter fees, camping fees and hospital fees from when I whittled the tip of my finger off while sitting around the campfire during all this, the halibut cost me about 40 bucks a pound.

Totally worth it. 

Halibut are UGLY!  Look: 


Imagine if he was like "Good morning dear, how about a kiss?" 

Who caught that and said "Hey that looks tasty!"  Probably a very hungry dude indeed.  He was right though, they are super tasty.

-TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment