Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Invented a New Tabata Exercise... Maybe!

I found a great way to really get at my abs (I should say "ab").  It's the first time I've really felt the exercise get in there and start working all the parts of my belly. 

Anyway I thought I'd mention it in here and see if anybody already knew about it or if it was a bad idea for some mechanical reason that would eventually cause my spine to telescope or my toes to suddenly become inside-out or something. 

Here's what I do:  I lay flat on the floor on my back with legs straight out and my hands down at my sides.  Wait, that's not it... there's more:  I crunch up and to the side, reaching with my left hand for my left knee-cap without lifting my legs until I can tap it, then back down.  Then I repeat for the right side and so on for the duration of the set.  To reach each knee-cap I have to lift my shoulders up and squeeze down to the side. 

It's the all-new, all-improved, all-untested-by-any-authority knee-cap-tap crunch! 
*crowd roars*

Man it really got in there and let me know I was getting a workout.  Tomorrow will be interesting since this is the first time I've really felt that deep burn on the ab workout. 

Thoughts? 

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment