Monday, October 17, 2011

New Personal Best... Again!

I keep slaying my old personal push-up best.  Tonight I did my best to celebrate passing 100 by saying "Yeah!  100!  Sweet!" but all that came out was "Pant!  Wheeze!  Gasp!"  because I was still in the middle of the last set.  I then managed to crank out four more. 

104, holy crap-filled gumball machine Batman!

People who work out a lot always say the same thing "Once you get into it, you start to look forward to it!"  and I always said "Yeah whatever!" because I couldn't imagine ever actually looking forward to putting myself into painful situations.

It's true, sometimes I need a little nudge to motivate me after a particularly weary day but it's far less of a nudge I needed at the onset of this endeavor.  It's part of the routine now so it doesn't even seem like a chore.  Now that I'm really beginning to see results I look forward to it more and more. 

I coudn't even believe it, I reached my goal and still had six or seven seconds on the clock!

So I busted out a few more.  I think it helped that today is Monday and I had all weekend to rest and watch episodes of "Red Dwarf" on Netflix instant que in full loaf-mode.

Between TPT and Tabatas, the Viking approacheth ever faster and he is more determined than ever! 

TSN
-- Alias Bjorn The Viking
   - Roaster of the Mighty Cornish Hen
   - Grinder of a thousand battle-hardened peppercorns

No comments:

Post a Comment