Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Busted Posing in the Mirror

93 Push ups... the number creepeth ever upward!  I can tell these are working when I secretly flex in the mirror while nobody is looking. 

One time in the not too distant past (probably eight months ago now, actually... wow it went fast!) the door to the bathroom was cracked open and my wife was peeking in at me.  She'd been there for a little while, watching me pinch various areas and looking disappointed, but she couldn't stop herself from laughing when I shook my head and said (out loud) "You're $!#^%@ fat dude."

Laughs were had.  Lessons were learned.  Namely:  Don't leave the bathroom door cracked. 

Since I spent the better part of my life (all of it) with a good layer of pudge to keep me warm through those chilly New England winters, actually seeing some muscle definition is kind of a big deal but I'm still a long way from being a guy at the gym who stares at himself in the mirror for an hour after every workout. 

Honestly I'm still a long way from even being a guy at the gym. 

I like the home workout.  It's cozy and I can use my own shower without having to wear flip flops. 

I never liked flip flops, the thing between my toes bugs the crap out of me.  Somehow the individual toes on the Vibram shoes don't, which is odd.  Speaking of those:  I discovered while doing Tabata sprints on blacktop that it's hard to stop, and I think it's wearing out the soles of my shoes more rapidly than normal. 

It's no small task; halting my considerable momentum once I'm careening forward at full tilt.  My poor shoes have to deal with that.  To be honest, I cheat and start slowing down a couple of seconds before I should.  I'm completely worn out when I'm done so I don't feel at all guilty.

Like I used to tell my rugby coach:  "It's easy to go around me, but it's hard to get in my way!" 

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment