Monday, October 10, 2011

Phase II Tabatas

I completed my first round of 15/15 Tabatas tonight, and let me be the first to admit that I can barely move right now.  The wife and I both powered through them, and the difference between these and the 10/20s is immediately noticeable!  Tomorrow should be interesting; hopefully I bounce back quickly.

As soon as we finished, I immediately sent Bryan a text message saying this:  "Holy @#$% dude."

That extra five seconds is a heck of a long time come rounds three through eight.  And then it's double whammy on the flip-side when you lose the five seconds of rest in between sets.   

The bicycles/Russian twists got in deep and I really felt them this time.  I think I should have started with 15s on those, I wasn't feeling the burn as much as I'd have liked before.  I felt it tonight though!  Holy crap!

92 push ups, new personal best!  I'll hit 100 before too long, and on that day I'll be... wicked stoked.   

I'm getting stronger every day.  Weight is still steady, it hovers between 265 and 270, but there is absolutely some fat being exchanged for muscle.  I'm really pleased with my results so far, and it occurs to me that I've already been doing these for over a month and a half... that's probably longer than any phase of working out I've ever gone through in my life.

Usually I get all excited, work out all serious like, give myself pep talks and whatnot... then ultimately it peters out and I'm back to looking like a lava lamp when I jump up and down.  Nothing fun about that! 

This is a good thing.  TPT has definitely helped me develop healthier eating habits too.  Power combination, TPT and Tabatas.  I'm leaning towards buying a home gym type thing, that seems like the next logical step.  Get some heavy weights going.

Soon I will become a huge ripped Viking!  Yes! 

TSN

1 comment:

  1. Wait until you get to 15/15 Tabata Sprints. You'll feel like dying the first time. Then it gets a bit better every time after that.

    ReplyDelete