Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Something Weird Happened

Further evidence that my exercise paradigm has finally shifted:  I had an excellent excuse for skipping the Tabata workout today, and didn't take it.  What?! 

I have a man-cold.  It's the worst thing ever naturally, and I'm as pathetic looking as the next man with a cold when I want to be, and boy do I want to be. 

"You should just take it easy tonight." said my wife, who generally makes smarter decisions than I do. 
"But I gotta do something " I reply, in my infinite wisdom.  "What are you gonna do?"
"Take it easy tonight."

Old me would run a mile just to get out of running half a mile.  So what did new me do?  Two sets of Tabata curls, and then could barely lift the shampoo when I took a shower.  Smart?  We'll see. 

Not too much jumping around, nice little compromise there I thought... but it occurs to me that I'm the one with the head cold and she's the one who took it easy tonight.  That doesn't make any sense!  Ah, whatever. 

Alaskan halibut (I pulled it up from the ocean floor myself!  Damn they're ugly!) and buttery brussel sprouts with lemon rice for dinner last night and lunch today, pretty hard to beat that. 

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment