Friday, October 21, 2011

Despite all This...

Well Peanut came down with a good quality case of hand, foot and mouth disease, despite every advantage we've tried to give her with her nutrition.  It happens, her peer group is seven or eight other kids her age in a daycare environment and if I were a betting man (which I am) I'd wager she'll get worse before it's all said and done.  Poor little nugget.  She's handling it like a champ though. 

Being sick blows.  I remember getting chicken pox.  That was a huge drag and I remember all my friends having it here and there as well.  I got it twice, which is not supposed to happen.  I was also in the .3% of people who suffer nerve damage when they have their wisdom teeth out... I should have known!

A girl I had a crush on in fifth grade had a bad case of chicken pox, and asked me out while she still had it all over her face.  I told her I didn't think it was a good idea.  Why?  I imagine it was some built-in defense mechanism to not attempt to mate with people with a visible pox, even from the perspective of a 5th grader. 

"It's a pox!  A POX!  No I will not go out with you!  Are you gonna eat that fruit roll-up?"

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment