Sunday, October 2, 2011

Liquid Water

I'm beginning to see some results in the muscle department.  My weight is about the same, it's been hovering for a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure I've got some exchange happening with fat and muscle.  Especially in my legs... those jumping tabatas are killer! 

I got off track this weekend and scarfed down way too much pizza and drank too many beers.  What can I say?  It happens.

Here's something worth mentioning:  Water.  It's quite possibly the most amazing thing that exists, and we tend to write it off.  It's hugely important to drink a lot of water!  There doesn't have to be anything at all in it, just water by itself is where it's at. 

First thing in the morning I drink down a huge glass of water.  It's good! 

Get a good filter.  City water especially needs to be filtered... it would be excellent to have the luxury of some good clean spring water, but that's not the case.  We have terrible tap water here, but it's reasonably good after the filter.

I've heard all sorts of stats and numbers on exactly how much water a person is supposed to drink every day, but I couldn't tell you what any of those stats and numbers are because frankly I don't care and didn't bother to remember... instead I took away this lesson:  Drink a lot of water.  That's pretty easy, I can do that.

I ask myself, "Self," I say; "Have you drank a lot of water yet today?"  If the answer is no, I go and get some water.  If it's yes, I get some water anyway.  Water's good.  That horse dead yet? 

Water.

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment