Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some Tips

I really thought I'd have more time tonight, but it didn't pan out that way.  Instead of a long dissertation, Here's a quick list of things: 

1:  Don't be afraid of vegetables in the grocery isle that you've never seen before.  Buy them!  Look up how to cook them!  I haven't had one yet that made me say "Man that's nasty!"  Instead I'm more like "Wow I've been missing out on this for years!" 

2:  If you haven't done so already, discover sweet potatoes.  They're delicious!  It's starting to look like they're quite a bit better for me than regular potatoes too, which is a plus. 

3:  Squash (butternut, acorn, etc..):  It's wicked easy to cook and it's damn tasty.  Pretty much just cut it in half, dig out the seeds with a spoon, fill the spots you just dug out with butter and cinnamon, then bake it in the oven until you can poke a fork into it without much trouble. 

4:  Bring lunch to work as often as you can.  This one kills me, every time I don't bring lunch to work and I have to try to scavenge nutrition from restaurants and such, I usually come out behind on the whole deal.  TPT can be tricky on the go.  Lots more to follow on this topic. 

5:  Water.  Drink it! 

6:  Sleep:  Get more of it!  Not getting enough sleep has huge physical and mental health repercussions. 

That's it for me for now, I need to get a little sleep of my own. 

TSN

No comments:

Post a Comment